I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We went to my sister Diana's house this year which was the first year of our marriage that we haven't hosted Thanksgiving at our house. It was a little strange not hosting it but it was fun to have a change in tradition.
It was really fun. We had Aaron's sister Alicia and her husband and two boys and we also had our friends the Aleman family join us.
While we were preparing Dinner Aaron's sister Alicia had some fun crafts for the kids. Kennadee made this pilgrim hat and a picture of a tree where she wrote (with help) what she was thankful for on little leaf stickers and stuck them to the tree. She had lots of fun doing it.
Here is the gorgeous table full of food. I love all of Diana's fun serving dishes!! They definitely make the food look even better!! We had Turkey (made by Aaron the moistest turkey I have ever had!!) Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Rolls, Jell-o salad, green beans, sweet potato souffle & pies pies pies for dessert.
Each plate has three candy corns on it to represent the 3 kernels of corn ration the pilgrims were going to have to eat. We each went around and said three things we were thankful for. It was really cool.
Here is the kiddy table. Kennadee had fun sitting with her cousins & friends at the table. They talked and laughed and had lots of fun.
(Notice her super short hair? She and her cousin Hannah decided it would be fun to play barber shop and cut their hair. So I had to chop it all of to make it even. GRRRRRR!!)



3 comments:
OH MAN! How fun I'm totally stealing the candy corn idea and making it my tradition. One of the best things about Thanksgiving hosted at Diana's is Aaron's Turkey and mashed potatoes mmmmMMMM!
Hannah is a little fireball I see! Those crafts are so cute! It looks like a fun chaotic time with all those kids!
Awesome post Maria! The food really was great! Thanks for all of your hard work making all of the delicious pies and rolls! You rock!
And thanks Russ for being the fastest dish washer in Texas! I think we dirtied every dish in my house and you had them cleaned up in no time!
Post a Comment