A week or so before Thanksgiving the fancy-schmancy mall in Austin (it's called The Domain) had a Christmas Tree lighting of their Macy's Christmas Tree. They had some carolers perform and then later in the evening there were to be Fireworks and a performance by American Idol winner 2007 Jordan Sparks.
When it was time to start the show they had a lot of different people perform before it was time to see Jordan they had a little interview with her but it seemed like it would be forever until she performed Kennadee had to go to the bathroom therefore making it impossible for us to stay so we had to go before Jordan performed and before the lighting of the tree. Oh well at least we beat the traffic getting out of there. And we made it to a restaurant before they got really crowded.
Here is Russell trying to warm up Kennadee's hands because she was freezing cold.
And here is our little Christmas tree. We got it the day after Thanksgiving. We weren't going to get a real tree this year. But when Russell saw them at Wal-Mart and that this one was only $25
He HAD to get one!! I just hope it lasts all the way until Christmas. I guess if it doesn't it was cheap enough that we can go get a second one!!
I am so excited for this Christmas season!! Merry Christmas Everyone!!



2 comments:
WOW! That is way cool it sounds like so much fun! I love your tree too -what a steal! I'm still working on convincing Cole that we need a real tree (and that we will have to put up two trees) I'll let you know WHEN I am successful! ;)
Jessica cracks me up! Cute tree! Sounds like a fun outing, even though you didn't get to see Jordin! Thanksgiving looks terrific! I have such great memories of Thanksgiving with all of MY cousins and it's neat that our kids can start making those same fun memories. Sorry about Kennadee's hair! : ( Good thing she's little and really doesn't care that much about hair yet! But you'll have a nice wait while it grows out again! : )
Post a Comment