Friday, October 31, 2008

I Did It!!


Okay so as most of you know I can't make pie crust to save my life. Well the other day Russell was craving pumpkin pie (as he usually does at this time of the year) so I decided that I would attempt to make it. So I tried the food processor method and it worked beautifully!! In one crust I added a tsp of Cinnamon which made it even more delicious!! The only trouble I had is that I thought you had to poke holes in the crust before you put the filling in and it leaked out and stuck to the bottom of the pan so it made it a little difficult to get out of the pan but it didn't burn and it was still delicious!! I can't wait until Thanksgiving!!!

6 comments:

Jordan and Elaine's Family said...

Good job! They look delicious. :)

Miriam said...

Those look delicious. Will you send me one? Good job I'm so glad you figured it out. It feels really good to accomplish something that hard.

Nursemom said...

Yay! congrats. I can't make good pie crust either. It usually comes out okay, but it's not pretty with the little bumps in it like yours are. Good job.

Diana Mildenstein said...

Oh no you didn't!! I can't believe you made pumpkin pie without bringing me any!!! What?

Just kidding. That was very merciful of you considering that I am off of sugar for a few more days.

The pies look gorgeous! Awesome job on the crust! I can't wait until Thanksgiving too so we can bake some pies together!!

Love you and miss you girl!

Jessica Newman said...

Oh MAN!! you did AWESOME they even look pretty! I have been craving pumpkin pie SSOOO BAD! but specifically our pumpkin pie -cuz its the best!!! Oh well I'll just have to wait for another year!
p.s. you only have to poke holes in the crusts that you bake first i.e. cream pies and such, hahaha I just love you!

Anonymous said...

Great job!! They look beautiful, I'm anxiously looking forward to Thanksgiving so I can make some too!