This has probably been the worst year of our lives to date. It was filled with some huge huge trials but thankfully with each trial Heavenly Father provided many many blessings to help us make it through physically, emotionally, spiritually, & financially. Here are a few of the highlights for the year:
February 2010: We found out that we were finally expecting our second baby after 5 years of trying we were finally pregnant. We were hesitant to really get our hopes up because it had been so long trying that we felt it was too good to be true.
March 2010: It turned out that the pregnancy was too good to be true and I miscarried at the beginning of the month. It was horrible, painful, sad, and depressing. I didn't think I would make it through emotionally but through the power of the Priesthood I received a blessing that really brought comfort to me.
June 2010: Russell went in to the doctor for the first time in 10 years for a physical and ended up finding out that he had Graves Disease (hyperthyroidism) which led to finding out that he had Thyroid Cancer. It was shocking and scary but we were blessed that he went in when he did because they caught it early and gave him a really good prognosis.
I painted our entire main floor and we put up chair rail. It was a big project but I really like the results.
July 2010: We went to Utah/Idaho for our first trip back since we moved to Texas 2+ years ago. We had a blast visiting with family, camping, shopping, 4th of July, Crandall family reunion, and much much more.
August 2010: Russell had his first surgery of his life. They removed the Thyroid and the tumor and several of his Lymph Nodes. The surgery was a success and he recovered really quickly. We were so relived that it was over.
Kennadee started school and has been doing great ever since. I was really nervous but she seems to like it. I am really lonely at home though.
October 2010: My Grandma Crandall had a massive stroke at the end of September and passed away the beginning of October. It was so hard. We made an emergency trip to Utah/Idaho to be with my Dad and visit her grave. It was really really hard.
Kennadee was Rapunzel for her school party and a Witch for Halloween.
November 2010: I started my New Year's Resolution early and started a no sugar no carb diet and by Thanksgiving I had lost 20 pounds. for more details click here
Russell had radiation over Thanksgiving break to get rid of any remaining cancer cells. He also had a full body scan afterward and we found out that he is cancer free!!
Kennadee and I stayed with my sister while he was radioactive and had Thanksgiving with them.
December 2010: What a whirlwind month! Kennadee had her first school performance. They did an adaptation of the Nutcracker. It was so cute! My parents came to visit, we went to SeaWorld, Six Flags, out to eat lots & lots, played games, had Christmas Eve at my house, My brother cut & colored my hair, he also cut Kennadee's hair, It was just packed with fun!! And I stuck to my diet (for the most part) the entire month!!
Here is hoping that 2011 will be a little less stressful. I am thankful for the many many prayers that went out in our behalf this year they really helped. I am so grateful for the blessings that accompanied us in these tough times I know that my Testimony has been strengthened and I feel even closer to my Savior!
Happy New Year Everyone!!
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
Our Year In Review
Posted by The Eldredge's at 9:57 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Wow! What a crazy year! I hope that 2011 is a wonderful year for you. I hoped on over to your Weight Loss journal and you are doing amazing! I really need to get better at consistant exercise.
Post a Comment