Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas Day 2010

     Russell wanted to have Christmas morning be just the three of us this year. We woke up at 8:30 and went down to open presents. Kennadee had a blast opening her stocking. She love love loves her Jessie Doll that Santa brought her. He also brought her Toy Story 3 on DVD and some other fun things.
 



      After we did stockings I made breakfast. It wasn't our traditional breakfast casserole or even cinnamon rolls since I have been on my no sugar/no carbs diet so we had sausage and eggs and Kennadee had cereal. It was good though.
   After breakfast we opened our presents. Kennadee got way too spoiled this year even though I tried not to. She even ended up throwing a fit about helping me with something so we made her wait until later in the day to open her big present. Russell got me an MP3 player to use when I go walking. I am really excited about it. I got Russell a computer chair and (Santa) brought him Inception on Blu-ray (Awesome movie) & a yo-yo which he really really wanted and has played with non stop ever since.
  

    After lunch we finally let Kennadee open her big present. It was a new bike. She was so excited! We discovered that the reason she couldn't ride her other bike is that she is way to tall for it. When we put her on this one she was actually able to pedal correctly. Whew! I felt so bad that her old bike was too small.
 


   The rest of the day was spent lounging around doing nothing. It was actually pretty nice. At around 6:30 we decided that we were too lazy to cook so Russell called around and found a Chinese restaurant that was open so we headed out there. When we walked in the place smelled like rotten cabbage and most everything on the menu said it was spicy (I'm allergic) so we decided to see if we could find somewhere else to eat. We looked and looked and decided that if we made it to IHOP before we found anything we would just eat there. So when IHOP came into view we knew that would be our destination. It was pretty crowded but since there were only three of us we got seated pretty quickly. We had an awesome waitress and the food wasn't too bad either. Then we went home and watched Muppet Christmas Carol and then we went to bed. It was a pretty good day.

1 comments:

Nursemom said...

Landan got a bike this year too but it didn't have training wheels. We'll have to have the kids go riding together.