Over the last week and a half I have been fighting a losing battle trying to catch this really clever mouse. Sunday before last Russell said that while I was at church he saw a mouse run across our bedroom floor and under my sewing table. So I of course tore everything out from under there and cleaned my entire bedroom and couldn't find it. That night I slept in the recliner because I didn't want to find a mouse my bed in the middle of the night. The next day I cleaned my house top to bottom in search of this pesky mouse to no avail. So then I remembered we had some glue traps that the pest control people had given us to try to catch lizards so I set those in places that I had found mouse droppings and the next day I looked and the stinkin thing had been caught and somehow clawed it's way off of the glue trap. So my sister Diana gave us some Di-Con to try and get it that way, still no luck. Then our pest guys came for their routine spraying of the house and I asked what they recommended and they gave me some snap traps and said to put peanut butter on them so I did that and still no catch. Then I decided the peanut butter wasn't tempting enough so I put some cheese on it and the next day the cheese was gone and still no mouse. So Sunday I was cooking and saw the little monster run between the dishwasher and the sink so I set a trap outside the opening and put a piece of popcorn on it thinking for sure I would catch the dang thing, but of course the next morning the popcorn was gone and still no mouse. So tonight I thought hmm.. what if I put two traps down by the crack and put crackers on them I wonder if that would work? And guess what? Success!!! I was laying in bed about to go to sleep and I heard the joyful sound of BOTH traps snapping!! Hallelujah!!! I caught the stinking thing!! It actually got it's arm caught in one and it's head in another!! I am so happy!! So now I am off to a peaceful mouse free sleep!! Goodnight!!
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Oh I dont know why but this makes me so sad! Dang hormones! You shouldn't put up such a cute picture of a mouse when you are about to tell of the brutal death of one :-(
But smart thinking! And congrats on the catch, sleep well!
Well I was going to put up the picture I took of the dead mouse so which is worse?LOL!!
Hate to burst your bubble, but keep your eyes (and ears) open for little friends...there is very seldom just one mouse...not to dampen your mood!:) Good thinking with the two traps though! I'm impressed!
I would have slept in a hotel until Kevin could find it. I dont' like things scampering around my house unless they have two legs and andswer to the name of Landan or Gavin.
I would have had to move out! The first 2 years we lived in our house we got a mouse. Our cats would always catch it. Then we went two winters without one. This year we had one in the family room right before Halloween. John got the cat to catch it. It was 4am and he woke me up to help him Clorox wipe everything in that room.
I hate hate mice. I think I hear them all the time. If I saw one scurrying, I would probably have to leave.
Post a Comment