Thursday, March 12, 2009

My Kitchen

We painted the kitchen last week. It was supposed to be a burgundy type color but it ended up being more of a grape juice color. I really like it. I think it's kind of different. My Husband on the other hand does not like it. But since paint is relatively expensive and it would cost more than we could afford to paint over it and start again we're stuck with it at least for the next few years. So when I was picking the fabric to make my daughters curtains with I found some cream colored fabric with grapes on it and an idea was born. I thought hey I can make curtains with grapes on them and then find some plastic grapes and vines and decorate that way and maybe people would think we did the color on purpose. So I went to the hobby store yesterday to see what I could find and I found a bunch of stuff that was all 50% off so I bought 3 pots the vines and some plastic grapes then when I came home and put it up the pots just weren't quite enough so I went to the dollar store and got the plates and the candle holders and candles and that filled it in nicely. 




11 comments:

Suzanne said...

I think it looks great! Way to make lemonade!

Shannon said...

I love it!! I really like how warm it makes the kitchen feel! Great job!

Rebeccah Mildenstein said...

OHHH WOW!! I am jealous I have no eye for decorating. I will need your assistance when we get to Houston!!!

Laura said...

Looks fantastic! Good job! I loved painting our house...what a pain...but it really makes it feel like your own home, not just another house...Way to go!

♥ Jesse and Katie ♥ said...

That looks amazing!!!

Diana Mildenstein said...

Good job Maria! You and J amaze me with your decorating skills! I am jealous, I wish my kitchen looked so cute!

Texas Birds said...

I can't believe how fast you did it! Did you have a problem with straight lines and the red color? It looks great!!!

Nursemom said...

That looks really nice. You have such a nice sense of style. I wish I had some of your style. Got any ideas about my house?

Jessica Newman said...

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT! Very wine-y! Very smokin' HOTT Italiano! GREAT JOB!

Elizabeth said...

Very cute, Maria!!

Mower Clan said...

Hi! This is Annie Laurie. I love the kitchen! Great job!! Your Kennadee is really cute!!!