Saturday, January 10, 2009

December Update

WARNING!!: LONG POST AHEAD!!

        December was such a crazy month with the holidays and trying to close on our new house so I haven't been able to do many posts so here is one big December post:
Early in December Diana's homeschool group was having a get together to do Gingerbread houses and since I had never done one before I tagged along. It was really fun. I had to leave early because I had to pick Russell up from work but I had fun while it lasted. Apparently after I left our Gingerbread collapsed but the kids had fun decorating it anyway. Kennadee made Gingerbread ornaments with Andrea while we did our house. We had a blast!!




    My parents flew in on the 16th and we had lots of fun shopping, going out to eat, playing games, wrapping presents, baking, and just visiting. If was fun to prepare for Christmas as a family!!

    Christmas Eve was really fun I forgot to get my camera out until the very end so the only pictures I got were of Kennadee opening her Christmas Eve jammies. We had the Aleman's & the Brown's and our dear friend Nancy Stimach over and we ate tons of food and read Christmas stories and we watched the Mildenstein's family DVD which is a tradition it was really fun to see how the kids have grown and changed!! Then we opened Christmas Jammies and put the kids to bed.

Christmas morning came at 5:00 a.m. the children were so excited that they woke everyone up Aaron & Diana weren't pleased so they got sent back to their rooms to wait until it was a decent hour most of them fell back to sleep (not Kennadee of course!!) so while they slept we ate breakfast and got things ready  

See what waking up at 5 a.m. does to me!!
Then we they felt they had waited long enough Aaron went up to wake them up:

See the bugle in his hand? That was how they got woken back up!! It was hilarious!!


When it was finally time to open stockings Kennadee was so excited to see what Santa had brought for her!!

Santa brought Russell and Reindeer that poops! He was so thrilled he even let me take his picture!!!

Diana got Kennadee a pair of her very own scissors and a package of her own paper "Kennadee we only cut paper not hair!!) She was so excited for this gift she went straight to the table to get to work.

(I love that she sticks her little tongue out while she concentrates!!)
Mom & Dad had fun watching the kids open presents and we really enjoyed having them here for Christmas!!
We hope you all had a Merry Christmas!!! And we wish you all a Happy New Year!!!

2 comments:

Jessica Newman said...

wow sounds like tons of fun! I love all the pics!

Anonymous said...

It was a blast, good good memories!!!