Thursday, January 5, 2012

Christmas Vacation Part III: Winder Dairy, Night Before Christmas Street, and Temple Square

One of our many family Christmas traditions is to go to Winder Dairy to look at their lights and eat scones and hot chocolate. We did that every year as far back as I can remember. We decided that we had to do that again this year for traditions sake. It was great to go back. It has changed quite a bit since I was there last. Scones made me sick once growing up so every year after that I would have a cookie or brownie or something else while the family had scones. This year I decided to try a scone again. I pretty much had no choice anyway because they don't sell any of that other stuff anymore. I was pretty bummed about that. 
After Winder Dairy we went and drove around The Night Before Christmas Street which is another tradition. It is a street (well, cul-de-sac) where every house is all decked out with lights and each one has a billboard of a part of The Night Before Christmas story. I have always loved going there and my hubby was like a kid in a candy store. He kept saying " I want to live on this street" It was so fun!
After that we went and hopped on the TRAX which is Utah's rail system and headed down to Temple Square.

 Temple Square was beautiful!! It was really crowded also. It was hard to get pictures that didn't have elbows or people in them. 




 The Temple is so beautiful!




 View from Joseph Smith Memorial Building.

When we went to get back on the Train someone had had an accident on the platform and they stopped the trains for an hour while the ambulance came and got him. It was freezing cold! 
Kennadee had been sick since before we left for our trip and we had gone all over the place that day so she was exhausted so she fell asleep while we were waiting! 
When we finally got back to our car we headed over to Coachman's for dinner. It is another one of my favorite Utah restaurants. 
It was 10:00 by the time we ate and then we headed out to go to my Mom's which was 3 hours away. I ended up getting sick on the way home. I'm sure it was due to overeating, eating really late, lack of sleep, and a bit of dehydration! It was not fun!

0 comments: