As you know it is very rare for it to snow in this area of Texas. Last year we got a slight dusting and they closed schools. This week we have had frigid (for Texas) 20 degree temps so we were thrilled to find out that it was going to snow last night so Kennadee could have the day off of school and Russ and I could have the day off work (I am a school crossing guard if you didn't know that). I awoke to a phone call at 5 a.m. telling us that we didn't have school!! Hooray!! Of course I couldn't go to sleep after that so I patiently waited for them to wake up. When Kennadee got up I heard her jump out of her bed and come running down. "Mom did you see that is SNOWED???" She was so excited and was talking a million miles a minute about how cool it was and how she hoped it would have been more snow but she was still happy about it. You would have thought it was Christmas morning all over again. She asked if we could go play in it so we bundled up and went out. We tried to make a snowman but it's really powdery so it wouldn't hold. We wrote her name in the snow and then she played around scraping off the cars and stuff. And then we came in and had some yummy Hot Chocolate. It was really fun!! Here are some pics.
Front Yard
Back Yard
Rudy in the snow
Kennadee so excited for the snow!
Hot Chocolate! Yum!
Hot Chocolate Mustache



2 comments:
AWESOME! I wonder how rudy felt he's probably never seen snow before! -you have about just as much as we do! too bad you didnt get more powdery snow is the best for riding on!
Seeing that makes me laugh. There isn't even enough snow to cover up the grass and they shut down school?!! Such a different world! And I love the R2D2 cake. Very impressive!
Post a Comment