Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A Blessing Discovered


I went to the doctor this last week since we finally have health insurance

(hooray!!) I talked to him about how I have been starting to have the pain from the endometriosis come back and how we have been trying to get pregnant for 4 years with no success and a few other concerns I have had about my body. He recommended we do the Laparoscopy surgery which is the same one that I had 10 years ago. I thought that I had been told by my first doctor at the time of my surgery that you could only have the surgery once and that after the surgery they treat the endometriosis with the Depo-Lupron shot which I had 3 years after my first surgery. Well this doctor explained to me that the surgery results last for 5 years and that is why it was treatable with the shots the first time but since it has been 10 years since the surgery and 7 years since the shots he said that surgery would be necessary to get the problem under control. So this morning I realized that I had the surgery in May of '99 and I got pregnant with Kennadee in May of '04. Russell were married May 1st and decided that we should not prevent having a baby just in case I had a hard time getting pregnant. Well now I realize that if we had waited I wouldn't have been able to get pregnant since May was 5 years and that would have been my last chance!! I am so glad that we didn't wait because it probably wouldn't be until now that we would finally be in the position to get pregnant!
He also ran some tests on my Thyroid and hormones and some other things and I haven't heard back about those yet. Also when he was doing my breast exam he found a mass in my right breast. They think it is Fibrocystic Breast Disease which is non-cancerous it just causes me some pain and discomfort. I will be having a mammogram and an ultrasound on it next week if they don't schedule my surgery before that. Otherwise I will have it done when I recover a bit. I will post the results from all of my tests as well as the date of my surgery when the Dr.'s office gets back to me.
Please keep me in your prayers!!

8 comments:

J.L. BOSTICK said...

Oh Maria...I am so glad you found some answers and hope getting the surgery again will bring you blessings beyond the news. I am also very sorry to hear you found other issues but am very glad it was not anything serious like cancer. That is WONDERFUL news and I am sure a weight off your shoulders. Our family will keep praying for you guys. I just know there is a baby on the horizon for you guys soon. )))hugs(((

Jordan and Elaine's Family said...

Good luck with everything Maria!

Miriam said...

Hopefully they can do it fast and you can get recovered. Then you need to go with Russell on a little vacation for some alone time. :)

Nolana @ Chaotic Harmony said...

The whole endometriosis ordeal is scary! I had the surgery in 99 and am always worried it will come back. You are in our prayers and thoughts! Hope things will be ok.

Anonymous said...

Maria - good luck with everything, I hope it works, I think trying to have a baby should never be a struggle and I am so sorry that you have to go through all this to bring a spirit into this world. I'm envious of how strong you are! I'll be praying that everything goes wonderfully and I can be an "aunt" again soon to my favorite sister!!!

Shannon said...

Good Luck with everything! I am so glad that you are able to get things taken care of now, and hopefully it will all end in another little one :). Hope all goes well!

Suzanne said...

Happy you got some answers and good luck with you surgery...hope you get the "results" you are praying for (another new little one)...I'll be praying for you...all the way in Utah.

Laura said...

I am so excited for you!! That is such great news! We will continue to pray for you and your cute family and please keep me posted!! I love you and I miss you!!