Sunday, June 28, 2009

New York

I just got back from the best trip of my life!!! Diana and I went to New York to help our friend Bek and her family pack up so they can move to Houston. It was such a blast. I narrowed down my 265 pictures to 38 so I know this is a lot of pictures but it could have been more so be grateful! LOL!! (If you would like to see all 265 come on over I'd be glad to show ya!!)
This is Diana, Nathanael, and I on the airplane. By the way Jetblue is awesome!!
They are stationed on Staten Island with the Coast Guard so you could literally walk out their front door and down the street and be at the ocean!!
This is a blue crab that had gotten stranded on the beach so we picked it up with a board and took it back to the ocean. It was really funny because it kept snapping it's claws and trying to get us. It just didn't understand that I was trying to help it.

The first Saturday we were there we went into Manhattan. To get there we had to take the Staten Island Ferry. It was really cool. In the terminal while we were waiting for the ferry there was a guy with a fiddle playing for us. It was really cool. (Video to follow)

This is me on the ferry
View of Manhattan from the ferry.

Subway turnstiles
Me on the subway.
This is where the World Trade Center was.
It's now a big construction site where they are building the new World Trade Center and the 9/11 Memorial.
This is a church that is across the street. It is where the firefighters and rescue workers would come to rest and eat and be taken care of between shifts. The cemetery out front has headstones from the 1700's it was really neat to see.
Inside the church they have a ton of memorabilia from 9/11

George Washington had his own personal pew in the church. During the rescue efforts of 9/11 they used his pew for massages and chiropractic purposes.
These are the pictures that people would carry around in search of their loved ones. It was so sad to see!! It was a very tearful experience to visit there.
Here is Diana & Kaelten going down into the subway
This is the subway train
This lady was standing in the subway posing as a mannequin she was a little weird!!
Times Square
Bek, Diana, & I at Times Square

We had dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe
This is our waiter and I. He was really funny!!
This is the famous Toys R Us from the movie Home Alone 2 it's been remodeled and now has a full sized ferris wheel inside. It was really cool
Here is the New Year's Eve Ball on Times Square
Statue of Liberty (obviously)
Macy's on 34th Street
This is the Empire State Building. We were going to go to the top but it was lightning so they closed it and we were going to go eat dinner and then come back when it cleared up but by then it was too late and we needed to get back.
Radio City Music Hall
NBC Studios the Rainbow Room
Rockafeller Center
The fountain at Rockafeller Center. Those umbrellas are where the ice skating rink is in the winter. And behind it is where the tree is.
Me in front of the statue. We ate at a really awesome restaurant right there on Rockafeller center it was awesome!!
The Brooklyn Bridge at Night
Manhattan at night.
This was seriously the best trip of my life!! Thanks so much Bek & Jared for letting me experience this. It was AWESOME!!

5 comments:

Robb, Rhonda and girls said...

I'm so glad you had fun. Looking at the pics I realized I don't think I could handle NY for even one day so this is probably as close as I'll ever get.

Kristin D. said...

I loved every one of the pictures. I would have loved to see more. I really want to got to NY sometime. This made me want to even more.

Nursemom said...

Wow! You are so lucky you got to go to New York. What a great experience. I would love to see all your pictures! It looks like so much fun!

Jordan and Elaine's Family said...

I am sooooo jealous!! But, very glad that you had the chance to have such a fun experience. What a lucky girl you are!!

J.L. BOSTICK said...

Maria! Your pictures are amazing. Looks like an even better trip than you made it sound! So cool.